Friday, January 1, 2016

Top Ten

In the grand tradition of New Year top ten lists, I present my own top ten favorite books of 2015. All of them are fiction, but not all are romances. Additionally, many of them came out before 2015 and I just happened to read them this year.


Drum roll please...

1.) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

2.) How the Marquess was Won by Julie Anne Long

3.) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

4.) The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

5.) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

6.) The Middlesteins by Jami Attenberg

7.) Lucky Us by Amy Bloom

8.) Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner

9.) Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Book One) by Leigh Bardugo

10.) The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells by Andrew Sean Greer

Overall it was a great reading year, and I am currently reading another book that will probably make my top ten list next year. Stay tuned for a review in the weeks to come.

On a different note, I celebrated the New Year today by finally watching the second Magic Mike movie, and I cannot believe how good it was. I really liked the first movie, but the second one was even better. Sexier, funnier, more tender, smarter. And even more sexy dancing from my boyfriend, Channing Tatum. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and check it out. I streamed it for $3.99 on Amazon and it was so worth it. I only wish I'd made it to the theater to see it on the big screen. Yum.

Image result for channing tatum

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to another year of tasty heroes, both on and off the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment