Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ben Whishaw and Other Affairs

So I was going to blog about this great new show I've been watching and urge everyone to follow it. But I just discovered (almost a month after it was announced) that The Hour will not be back for a third season (or series, as the Brits say).

This is crushing. My husband and I only recently discovered it. We just finished the first three episodes a couple of nights ago and were ready to be obsessed for the duration. But it looks like the duration will be short indeed. Apparently the viewership sank dramatically in the second series and that was that. Why, I don't know. It features sex, romance, intrigue, and hot first rate actors. I still recommend the show, but you must begin your affair understanding it will burn hot and fast.

Speaking of brief love affairs, one of the actors, Ben Whishaw, starred in Bright Star, a gorgeous movie about the poet John Keats and his love, Fannie Brawn. Theirs is one of the most well-known romances of the romantic poets, thanks to the poems and letters he wrote for her. The movie is perfect and beautiful and everyone should see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment